This is for my friend Oshole.
He saw a picture of this meal on my blackberry messenger and described my food as ‘mad nice. This warmed my heart. It really did. And so I promised to post a tutorial. You should thank him 🙂
1 small tuber of yam
Salt to taste
1. Slice the yam in circles (one or two should be fine depending on the width an circumference of each slice)
2. Peel the bark off each slice and then cut into long strips
Ata Rodo Sauce
14 scotch bonnet peppers (ata rodo)
2 medium onion bulb
1 small garlic bulb
1 small ginger
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 cooking spoons of vegetable oil
Curry, thyme and salt to taste
1. Wash and blend the tomatoes, peppers and one onion bulb.
2. Wash and peel the garlic, ginger and second onion bulb.
3. Slice the onion, chop the garlic into tiny little pieces and grate the ginger.
4. Heat the oil in a saucepan and add sliced onions and garlic. Fry until a slightly brown stirring all the while.
5. Pour in the blended tomatoes and pepper and fry for 5 minutes, stirring all the while.
6. Break up dried fish into the sauce and keep stirring for another 3 minutes.
7. Add the curry, thyme and salt to taste. Let it simmer for about 2 minutes and we’re done.
8. Serve hot with the fried yam.
Please let me know if you try your hands on this one and how it all goes down 😉
Cheers and have a great weekend.
PS: My name has been changed from Omo to Renah. Just so you know 🙂