I can’t seem to get enough of food these days. Lately I’ve been spending most of my free time scouting the web for recipes to try my hands on. Like I always say, I you’re going to eat everyday, you might as well make it interesting.
Anyways, this time around, I got tired of searching for the perfect recipe and jumped right into making this delicious Dulce De Leche….also known as milk caramel.
Want to make yours? Here’s what I did:
- Butter – 125g
- Evaporated milk – 345g (that’s 3 115g cans)
- Whipping cream – 500g
- Granulated sugar – 3cups
- Vanilla – I tablespoon
- Pinch of salt
- Pour the milk, cream and sugar into a pot on medium heat and stir continuously with a wooden spoon for about 30mins until the mixture thickens and turns brown
- Stir in the butter and pinch of salt. Continue stirring for about 15 mins.
- Take the pot off the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Allow to cool and enjoy
- You have to mind the pot and keep stirring. Do not leave it unattended or it will burn
- Keep stirring for longer if you want a thicker consistency. I wanted mine to be a bit runny.
- I do not claim the idea as mine but decided to wing it after seeing so many variations. And it turned out so good 🙂
Let me know if you try this recipe or if you know a better way of making this yummy dulce de leche.
Have fun guys and enjoy your weekend