Today’s tutorial is pretty easy. I was browsing the web last week for inspiration when I came across these beautiful DIY Rope Bracelets from Martha Stewart’s craft department. And you know that anything from Martha has to be beautiful. She’s such an inspiration. I was just trying out the project and didn’t know that it would turn out this nice, so I don’t exactly have step-by-step pictures for the tutorial 😦 But you can check out Martha Stewart’s tutorial here (although I made a few tweaks). Anyways, let’s get to it, shall we?
What You’ll Need
1. Cut out 2 lengths of rope. Martha Stewart’s tutorial uses a glue gun to hold the ropes together but I tied an overhand knot instead, making a loop in the middle.
2. Braid the ropes until you get to your desired length. Tie the end into a knot.
3. Put the bracelet into a small bowl and pour in the fabric stiffener. Remove celebrate from the bowl and use your fingers to remove the excess fabric stiffener.
4. Put the bracelet around a cylindrical object covered with a plastic bag ( I used an insecticide can) to keep its circular form. Allow to dry for about 15 minutes then remove from the form. Allow bracelet to dry overnight.
5. Put the knot through the loop to close the bracelet.
I attached gold spikes to the bracelet to give it more edge. You can paint the bracelet by either tinting to fabric stiffener with your desired colour or applying the paint directly. I’m going to be trying this soon though.
I had the photo shoot with my beloved ipad mini in my office kitchenette and bathroom. Which do you prefer?
I really really like how it turned out. Think you wanna try your hands on this one?
Do let me know if you have questions plus, I’d love to hear your comments.
For new projects and updates on my blog, please follow me (button to the left) and do remember to share with your friends.
Lots of love,