Hey my lovelies,
Its been such a long time. I’ve had a creative block for a while now (how long is it supposed to last cos its killing me?) and I’m trying to get our of it. To compensate for my long silence, I’m going to share a necklace I made a while back and then share another quick project tomorrow.
Without further ado, here goes;
What You’ll Need
- Shiny multicolored embroidery thread
- Cord (I used an old rope cord form a flea market)
- Glue (preferably E6000)
1. Braid the thread and secure at both ends with wire (use your preferred measurement. I just eyeballed it).
2. Arrange the cord, braided thread and chain on the felt in the pattern you like. At first, I was only going to use cord and thread and only decided to use the chain afterwards.
3. Draw out the necklace pattern on the felt with a white chalk pencil using the cord, thread and chain as a guide.
4. Apply glue on the necklace pattern and arrange your materials as in 2. above.
5. Allow to dry for a long while. Cut out the excess felt.
6. Go rock your new statement necklace.
Hmmm, I feel a bit more motivated just writing this tutorial. I might try out some other materials pretty soon – pearls, stones, beads, etc. Please show me some comment love and tell me what you think. I’d like to hear from you; plus it will really motivate me to do more projects 🙂
Like I said earlier, I’ll be sharing a really quick, fun project tomorrow. I’d like for you to come see it.
Have fun guys and have a great day.
Lots of love,