Sorry I’ve been quiet all week (well, almost all week). I’ve been neck deep in work (both my 9-5 and my business). And with Christmas just around the corner, I’ve got only 2 rehearsals with the kids in church before their dance performance and its driving me crazy. Technique, grace, emotion, attitude , costumes, movement, stage, etc……I’m pretty sure you get the picture. I’m exhausted …..stretch….yawn.
No matter how busy I am however, it is truly difficult for me to tear myself away from my craft mess. The recent result of my addiction is this really pretty zipper and chain bracelet that looks like I bought it off the rack at some fashion store. At least that’s what my colleagues have been saying……remember me holding out my imaginary compliment basket? …. hehehehe.
Anyways, I do have time for a quick tutorial, my lovelies. Unfortunately, I was too caught up and pressed for time (my eyes were closing) to take pictures of the step by step process. But not to worry; its pretty simple and quick too.
Here’s what you’ll need;
- Zipper (preferably with gold or silver teeth)
- Curb chain (in gold or silver)
- Ribbon clamps and end clasps
- Wrap the zipper around your wrist and cut it according to your desired length (mine was about 7 inches). Be sure not to cut off the part where you have the zip head.
- Close each of the zipper end with a ribbon clamp
- Cut out 2 pieces of the curb chain (6 inches each).
- Spread glue on either side of the zipper teeth and lay each of the curb chains on the glue. Allow to dry.
- Attach the end clasps.
- Wait for it…….yeah….go rock! (lol)
To better secure the chain, I sewed each end to the zipper using a gold thread.
If you like to see a tutorial complete with pictures, check out this tutorial by Miss Bloom. It’s in Greek, so you may need to translate using Google. I’m not sure if that’s where I first saw the bracelet but when I searched the web for the right tutorial, I found this one. Awesome either way.
I hope you get inspired to make your own zipper and chain bracelet. I know I had fun doing it ( even though I was half asleep, but it does show my motivation, right?)
Please follow Koltureshoq to get new posts on my projects (button is to your left). It would make my day…smile. And don’t forget to share with your friends.
Ok , so I’m off to salsa….yay!!! See you soon.
Lots of love from craft (and dance)heaven,